djRoME is a computer gaming enthusiast who DJ's for Inside the Game, and is a staff writer for FragArcade.com. He travels to various computer related events across the country to bring coverage to his audience.

3/07/2006

<3 Darren

I'm never known for having any sort of tact, and this is going to be no exception. There's no graceful way to make a post like this one, so I'm not going to try.

One of my colleagues @ iTG has taken early leave from...  well...  life.



Darren "lun" Webber was an avid motorcyclist in Dallas, TX, as well as a fellow iTG commentator.  I got to finally meet him this last trip to Dallas.  What a great guy.  I still owe him 15 bucks.

He's pretty much responsible for getting me in the door @ iTG, and for that I am thankful.

The strangest part of this life is, sometimes, that the last people on your list are the first to go.

Darren lost his life in a motorcycle accident whilst riding in Dallas on Sunday.  The details are vague at this point, not that I would post them anywhere anyway.

You can read about Darren on the Texas Sport Bike Association Forums here and here.  He was an extremely skilled rider and a member of the TSBA who rode frequently with them in organized outings.

GG lunatic, my heart aches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home