djRoME is a computer gaming enthusiast who DJ's for Inside the Game, and is a staff writer for FragArcade.com. He travels to various computer related events across the country to bring coverage to his audience.

10/05/2005

Madden NFL 06 for PS2 Review



IGN: Madden NFL 06 Review says it best. I just bought the new title and let me say that it leaves something to be desired.

It doesnt seem to be as polished overall as the 2004 or 2005 titles were, with visible bugs in the animation, player interaction, sound, and other areas. The new motion graphics are... Well, dumb. I had the 2005 Collectors edition and loved the motion graphics on it.

The Superstar Mode is pretty cool, but lacks the depth I was hoping for, and the depth it was described to have on the package.

Gameplay is a bit more choppy feeling than the previous couple of versions, which I find intriguing. I suppose it could have to do with the fact that it's really an XBox360 game that I'm playing on a PS2, so maybe some lighting effects tax the now aging platform. It seems that EA is finally trying to have identical gameplay feel from the NCAA title to the NFL title, as there has been a rift, especially noticeable in 2004. Being as I'm only interested in NFL branded pro football titles, this was my only choice. I give it a luke warm response, even though it's still a very well designed and extremely fun game. I could have kept playing 2005 for another year and spent my $50 on beer instead and probably been just as happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home